Our full-length Spring Plate - Carbon Graphite Fiber Insole relieves forefoot pain and arch pain. The unique rocker sole of the Carbon Fiber Spring Plate provides a small toe spring, enabling roll-off at the forefoot. Sold individually right or left (not a pair).
Dimensions: Medium width only. 1/16" thick. See individual sizes for length, and Measurements tab for detailed dimensions.
Sizing:We strongly suggest that you use length rather than shoe size as the determining factor in deciding what size plate to purchase. The best method is to take an insole out of a shoe you wear regularly and measure it from the back of the heel to the tip of the toe. Then choose a plate that is slightly shorter than your insert, so that it can be placed underneath the insole of your shoe. If you wear a half-size we recommend the smaller size of Spring Plate.
Spring Plate - Carbon/Graphite Fiber Inserts are NOT heat moldable. Do not modify the Spring Plate - Carbon/Graphite Fiber Insert on a grinder without appropriate respiratory protection. Grinding Carbon/Graphite will create extremely small carbon graphite particles that may be hazardous to your health.
Because the Spring Plate - Carbon/Graphite Fiber Insert is very rigid and does not have a soft top cover, we suggest wearing it beneath a soft insole - either your shoes' existing insoles or over-the-counter insoles such as the Pedag SOFT Shoe Insoles.
Indications: The primary benefit of the Spring Plate - Carbon/Graphite Fiber Insert is their rigidity and toe spring. Spring Plate - Carbon/Graphite Fiber Inserts act as a shank and are used to stiffen the midfoot or shank of the shoe. Spring Plate - Carbon Graphite Fiber Insert are used to treat forefoot pain, forefoot capsulitis, forefoot bursitis, metatarsalgia, hallux limitus, hallux rigidus, forefoot callus, Morton's neuroma, Freiberg's infraction, arch pain, metatarsal fractures, cuboid syndrome, andarthritis of the forefoot and midfoot, sesamoiditis and sesamoid fractures.
Foot Care Tip!What are the differences among carbon/graphite fiber inserts sold on Myfootshop.com?
- Spring Plates are ultra-thin, full-length arch supports. A toe spring creates a forefoot rocker, off-loading forefoot pain.
- Molded Turf Toe Plates are thin, unfinished 3/4-length, carbon graphite arch supports with an arch and rigid Morton's extension. They're best suited for problems in and around the great toe joint including hallux limitus and hallux rigidus. Molded Turf Toe Plates come in multiple sizes.
- Flat Turf Toe Plates are similar to the Molded Turf Toe Plates but are flat and smaller, intended to fit in more types of shoes. Flat turf toe plates come in one size only.
- Hallux Trainer Inserts are a full length finished carbon graphite insert with Morton's extension that have the same indications as turf toe plates.
- Flat Carbon Fiber Plates contain no arch support or toe spring. They're recommended for metatarsal fractures and midfoot arthritis. Flat Carbon Fiber Plates are also used as an impenetrable plate to protect against puncture wounds of the foot.
- Myfootshop Carbon Fiber Foot Orthotics are a traditional full length or 1/2 length finished carbon graphite orthotic that may be used for sports, work or everyday use.
Disclaimer: Shoe designs (called the shoe last) vary so that matching insoles and shoes is never a precise science. Placing a rigid insert (Spring Plate, Molded Turf Toe Plate, Flat Turf Toe Plate, Flat Carbon Fiber Plate) into your shoe may cause wear. The rigidity of these carbon fiber inserts may damage the softer cloth shoe last. Myfootshop.com is not responsible for any damage to your shoes that may be caused by the use of these products.