Carbon Fiber Contour Foot Plate
The Carbon Fiber Contour Foot Plate adds rigid support to any shoe. The contoured toe spring enables ease of walking and support for mid-foot and forefoot problems. This spring plate orthotic is a great full-length hallux rigidus insert. See sizing information below. Sold individually right or left, not as a pair. By Myfootshop.com. 1 plate/pkg.
PRICE BREAKS - The more you buy, the more you save
The Carbon Fiber Contour Foot Plate is our entry level carbon fiber shoe insert. Light and durable, Carbon Fiber Contour Foot Plate insoles provide a rigid shank and support in the shoe. The contoured toe spring enables ease of walking at the "toe off" phase of gait. Made of layered carbon fibre and laminated acrylic resins, this semi-rigid carbon graphite spring plate stabilizes the foot in all conditions. 1/8" thick. Sold individually right or left, not as a pair. By Myfootshop.com.1 plate/pkg.
Sizing:We strongly suggest that you use length rather than shoe size as the determining factor in deciding which size carbon spring plate to purchase. The best method is to take an insole out of a shoe you wear regularly and measure it from the back of the heel to the tip of the toe, then choose a plate that is slightly shorter than your insert, so that the Carbon Fiber Contour Foot Plate can be placed underneath the insole of your shoe. If you wear a half-size, we recommend the smaller size Carbon Fiber Contour Foot Plate.
Carbon Fiber Contour Foot Plates are heat moldable and grindable. Appropriate respiratory precautions should be taken when using a grinder to size this product to protect against inhalation of carbon particles from carbon shank inserts.
Because the Carbon Fiber Contour Foot Plate is very rigid and does not have a soft top cover, we suggest wearing it beneath a soft insole - either your shoes' existing insoles or over-the-counter insoles such as the Pedag SOFT Shoe Insoles, orPedag Magic Step Insoles. It is important to wear your plate in a shoe that does not have a very flexible sole, as the lack of rigidity will put stress on your plate when you flex your foot, which could cause the plate to crack.
Interested in a lighter, thinner carbon fiber foot plate? Check out our Spring Plate - Carbon Graphite Fiber Insole.
Indications: The primary benefit of The Carbon Fiber Contour Foot Plate is its rigidity and toe spring. Carbon Fiber Contour Foot Plates act as a shank and are used to stiffen the midfoot, or shank, of the shoe. Carbon Fiber Contour Foot Plates are used to treat forefoot pain, forefoot capsulitis, forefoot bursitis, metatarsalgia, forefoot callus, Morton's neuroma, Freiberg's infraction, arch pain, metatarsal fractures, cuboid syndrome, Achilles tendonitis and arthritis of the forefoot and midfoot, hallux limitus, hallux rigidus, sesamoid fractures, and sesamoiditis.
Foot Care Tip!What are the differences among carbon/graphite and acrylic laminate inserts sold at Myfootshop.com?
- Carbon Fiber Contour Foot Plates are carbon fiber/acrylic laminate stiff insoles used to provide rigidity and toe spring. Toe spring acts as a forefoot rocker, off-loading forefoot pain. This turf toe carbon insole is sold individually.
- Spring Plates are ultra-thin, full-length inserts. A toe spring creates a forefoot rocker, off-loading forefoot pain. (Sold individually.)
- Molded Turf Toe Plates are thin, unfinished 3/4-length, acrylic laminate insoles with an arch and rigid Morton's extension. They're best suited for problems in and around the great toe joint including hallux limitus and hallux rigidus. Molded Turf Toe Plates come in multiple sizes. (Sold individually.)
- Flat Turf Toe Plates are similar to the Molded Turf Toe Plates but are flat and smaller, intended to fit in more types of shoes. Flat turf toe plates come in two sizes only. (Sold individually.)
- Hallux Trainer Sport Inserts are full-length, finished carbon graphite inserts with Morton's extension that have the same indications as turf toe plates. (Sold as a pair.)
- Hallux Trainer Dress Inserts provide the same Morton's extension and support of the great toe with a finished, slimmer design compared to the Hallux Trainer Insoles. (Sold as a pair.)
- Flat Carbon Fiber Plates contain no arch support or toe spring. They're recommended for metatarsal fractures and midfoot arthritis. Flat Carbon Fiber Plates are also used as an impenetrable plate to protect against puncture wounds of the foot. (Sold individually.)
Disclaimer: Shoe designs (called the shoe last) vary so much that matching insoles and shoes is never a precise science. Placing a rigid insert (Spring Plate, Molded Turf Toe Plate, Flat Turf Toe Plate, Flat Carbon Fiber Plate, Carbon Fiber Contour Plate) into your shoe may cause wear. The rigidity of these carbon graphite foot plates may damage the softer cloth shoe last. Myfootshop.com is not responsible for any damage to your shoes that may be caused by the use of these products.
Here's a link to our return policies and procedures.