The Hallux Trainers combine a semi-rigid turf toe plate, called a Morton's extension, with a full length, finished arch support. The foam upper is made with Memopur ®, which is an antifungal, high-tech viscoelastic memory foam that responds to the weight and temperature of your body. The Morton's extension is made with a firm polypropylene that is extra durable and thicker at the arch. The top cover is antifungal Vitatex, a synthetic micro suede that stretches and moves with your movements. The Hallux Trainers have a built-in metatarsal pad. 1 pair/pkg.
*** March 20, 2017: Sizes 40, 43, and 45 are currently backordered from the manufacturer, without a known ETA.
Sorry for the inconvenience! ***
Made in Germany. Hand washable with mild soap. Air dry. Met pad is non-removable.
Sizing: The Hallux Trainer is a replacement insole intended to replace your current shoe insert. We strongly suggest that you use actual foot length rather than shoe size as the determining factor in deciding what size Hallux Trainer to purchase. The best method is to take an insole out of a shoe you wear regularly and measure it from the back of the heel to the tip of the toe. Select a size of Hallux Trainer similar to the size of your current insert.
Indications - Hallux Trainers are used in the treatment of hallux limitus, hallux rigidus, turf toe, gouty arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis of the great toe joint.
Foot Care Tip! What are the differences between all of the carbon fiber graphite plates sold at Myfootshop.com?
These four inserts are best used to treat hallux limitus and hallux rigidus and turf toe.
- Hallux Trainers combine the 3/4 length turf toe plate with a finished insole that also has a metatarsal pad to aid in off-loading weight away from the big toe joint.
- Molded Turf toe plates are thin, 3/4-length, carbon graphite arch supports, with a molded arch and Morton's extension.
- Flat Turf Toe Plates are similar to the molded plates, but are completely flat, with a Morton's extension.
- Carbon Spring Plates are ultra-thin, full-length arch supports. A toe spring creates a forefoot rocker, off-loading forefoot pain. They're indicated for metatarsal fractures, capsulitis, bursitis and Freiberg's infraction.
Additional carbon fiber inserts include;
- Flat carbon plates contain no arch support or toe spring. They're recommended for metatarsal fractures and midfoot arthritis.
- Myfootshop Carbon Fiber Foot Orthotics are a traditionalfull length or 1/2 length finished carbon/graphite orthotic that may be used for sport, work or everyday use.