Call us Toll-Free:   1-888-859-8901
Helping People Find Foot Comfort, Since 1999.
You have no items in your shopping cart.

Hammer Toes - Which pad is best for tip of the toe pain?

Mallet_toe/hammer_toe/claw_toeHammer Toe Pain- claw toes and mallet toes

Claw toes and mallet toes (see image at right) are a specific type of hammer toe.  Claw toes and mallet toes result in sores on the tips of the toes.  When you treat these specific types of hammer toes you need to use either a splint or cushion.  Splints are effective for use on flexible and semi-flexible hammer toes.  Splints can be broken into two types of splints, Budin splints, and crest pads.  Budin splints are available in a single toe or double toe variety.

Hammer toes - splints

Examples of Budin Splints include -

Toe Straightener - Single Toe Toe Straightener - Double Toe

Hammer toes - crest pads

Crest pads come in foam, firm red rubber or gel.  Each of our crest pads is equally effective.  Choosing a crest pad depends upon your personal preference of material.  Examples of crest pads include -

Hammer Toe Crest Pad - Foam Hammer Toe Crest Pad - Adjustable Gel Hammer Toe Crest Pad Gel

Hammer toes - toe caps

And lastly, cushion that slip over the tip of the toe also help to pad the tips of sore claw toes and mallet toes.  Examples of these pads include -

Gel Toe Protector Toe Cap - Foam Gel Toe Cap

Up next, hammer toe pads used for sores between the toes.


Dr. Jeffrey Oster
Jeffrey A. Oster, DPM

Medical Advisor

Updated 12/26/19

Leave your comment