- + guided shopping
- + guided shopping
We believe in the independent spirit of the Internet but also recognize the sensitive nature of health information. Individuals looking for answers to health care problems can be put at risk by information that is incorrect, misleading or merely profit oriented without regard for the individual's welfare. Our goal at Myfootshop.com is to limit your risk by establishing ethical guidelines, site security and consumer privacy.
Below are the policies that we feel are important to insure your privacy and security. Please remember, we are not your doctor. We are an educationally driven resource for foot and ankle information and products. Please contact your doctor if you are unsure of any health condition.
1. Security and Confidentiality - Myfootshop.com is not HIPPA compliant and is not prepared to receive confidential or personal health information. Personal information forwarded to us may possibly be viewed by any number of employees of Myfootshop.com. We ask that you do not forward confidential health information to us by email or any other method.
Information received by our website, including, but not limited to email addresses and telephone numbers, are never remarketed. We will never pass your name, address, email or telephone number on to any third party, unless required by law.
Myfootshop.com may use your email address to create 'look alike audiences' on Facebook. Look alike audiences are used to create targeted Facebook ads. When your email address is used to create a 'look alike audience', Facebook agrees to not use your information for any purpose including remarketing.
Myfootshop.com does not use your telephone number for marketing or push text notifications.
Myfootshop.com honors 'do not follow' requests where possible. With the exception of first party cookies to establish a session ID and Google Analytics cookies, no other follow mechanisms are employed. Contact us with any questions regarding do not follow requests.
2. Emergency Care - We do not provide emergency care of any kind. Contact your doctor or local hospital for any questions that you feel are of an urgent or emergency nature.
3. Doctor-Patient Relationship - We are an educational resource and cannot take the place of your doctor. The following are specific steps that we take to prevent the impression of a doctor-patient relationship;
a. All Myfootshop.com employees are trained to help you understand your possible diagnosis and to select the most appropriate product for that diagnosis. Myfootshop.com employees cannot determine your specific diagnosis and can only guide you to knowedge base articles that may help you determine your diagnosis. Myfootshop.com employees are not doctors or medical personnel and cannot help you with individual medical issues.
b. We cannot answer specific clinical questions by chat, email, phone, blog or any other means. All clinical questions should be directed to your doctor or other health care provider.
c. Myfootshop.com does not maintain a medical record.
4. Honesty in Advertising - Content found on Myfootshop.com is not influenced by outside advertising. Myfootshop.com does not accept or sponsor advertising from outside sources. Our revenue is derived from product sales and not advertising. Myfootshop.com does not use Google AdWords or other pay-per-click (PPC) advertising. We do not use remarketing.
5. Misleading Or Deceptive Claims - Myfootshop.com strives to communicate clearly and effectively. We ask that you contact us with any question(s) regarding information on our site that you feel is misleading or deceptive.
6. Financial Security - We do not store your credit card information. When you make a purchase on Myfootshop.com your financial information is used exclusively for that one transaction. For this reason, you will be charged the full amount of your order, even if one of your items is backordered. We feel that your financial security is more important than storing your payment information so that we can charge you later for a backordered item. Myfootshop.com uses 256 bit strong SSL encryption by GeoTrust to provide safe and secure management of your financial information.
Myfootshop.com uses First Data, Inc. to process credit card transactions. Myfootshop.com has been evaluated and deemed PCI compliant by First Data, Inc. Additional privacy information regarding First Data, Inc. and credit card transactions on Myfootshop.com can be found at the First Data, Inc. Online Privacy Statement.
7. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - Myfootshop.com complies to the best of its abilities with GDPR The following is GDPR data specific to EU customers and the General Data Protection Regulation.
a. Data collected by Myfootshop.com includes first party cookies and customer accounts.
b. First party cookies are used to assign session ID's during your session. Session ID's are used to remember your browsing preferences, wish list and product comparisons.
c. Data collected is stored by Myfootshop.com for 24 months.
d. Data collected by Myfootshop.com is not shared with any third party vendors.
e. Consent to collect data from all users of the site is obtained upon registration by checking that the user agrees with our terms of service.
f. Customers are able to access their account information. Customer accounts can be deleted by customers.
g. EU users will be informed of any data breach.
We value your feedback. Based upon our customer's suggestions, we have added, deleted and modified information on our site. Our goal is to provide you with the most accurate content in a manner that is appropriate to your needs. We look forward to your comments.